The objective of the company policy, as a fundamental part of its Health and Safety management system and in accordance with the Health and Safety At Work Act 1974 is to prevent, in so far as is reasonably practicable during the course of the work or duties being undertaken, any accidental occurrence which may directly or indirectly result in:-
- Injury or occupational ill health to any person
- Damage to or loss of any plant, equipment property, materials or products.
- Delays in any processes or operations
- Events, Which may otherwise be detrimental to efficiency
- Adverse impact upon the environment
The application and promotion of the policy is the responsibility of Oliver Connell and Son Ltd senior management. Whilst duties and tasks may be delegated the overall responsibility remain that of senior management to ensure that Oliver Connell and Son Ltd complies with all relevant statutory Health and Safety Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, and Railway standards.
Oliver Connell and Son Ltd
- Treats Health and Safety as seriously as other aims.
- Believes that injuries and occupational illness can be prevented.
- Will set and maintain high standards of Health and Safety at all locations.
- Works in accordance with Network Rail’s contract requirements safety
Oliver Connell and Son Ltd aims to act responsibly to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of its candidates whilst at work.