Oliver Connell & Son Ltd is committed to promoting sustainability. Concern for the environment and promoting a broader sustainability agenda are integral to Oliver Connell’s professional activities and the management of the organization. We aim to follow and to promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and to help our clients to do the same.
Our Sustainability Policy is based upon the following principles:
- To Comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations, and codes of practise.
- To intergrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimise the impact on sustainability of all our office and site activities.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
- To review, annually report, and to continually strive to imporve our sustainability performance.
To put these principles into practice we will:
- Avoid physically travelling to meetings where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing, video conferencing and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips.
- Reduce the need for our staff to travel by supporting alternative working arrangements, including home working etc.
- Minimise our use of paper and other office consumables, for example by double-siding all paper used, and identifying opportunities to reduce waste.
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment and good housekeeping.